- Start over as a second-chance soul bonded to an angelic host in this urban supernatural roleplaying game of dealing with unfinished prior life business while working for HALO to prevent the End Times.
- System: Dresden Files Accelerated
I’ve managed a handful of playtest sessions online in 2021. The game feels about 65-85% there mechanically and 95% there thematically/narratively. A few rounds of testing should guide further refinements.
Blood & Violence
- A traveler’s tale wrapped in magical realism storytelling and a map-making roleplaying game between truth and reality, beauty and danger along the road.
- System: In-house tokens and dice
I have run this game a couple of times and it’s not there mechanically yet. Part of my mind wants there to be a token economy for the Blood and a dice economy for the Violence. I feel like spending dice as tokens and rolling dice as dice would accommodate that but I’ll need to test it. In my head and heart, this game is a mixture of written and visual poetry that flows out on the map panels and the rules and during play with the journal as an artifact for players and for in-game potential. The game needs more playtesting.
- “Explore the Unknown” in this modern-day paranormal conspiracy thriller roleplaying game.
- System: In-house tokens
I was fortunate to get some wonderful feedback from a couple of great people and have implemented changes from that and the game is better for it. The recent online playtesting has confirmed some issues with probability for results and so I have a new version to test at some point.
Division Hex (formerly Shadow Hunters)
- Join up and fight side by side with other paranormal agents in this thriller roleplaying game to counter paranormal terrorism in the world.
- System: Genesys
Changing the name from Shadow Hunters mostly because there are a lot of things called Shadow Hunters already. Shifting the focus away from strictly hunting mutants to something wider in scope or similar to Ghost in the Shell but for the paranormal. Need to continue with Talents and scoping out the content for playtesting.
LEGENDS (formerly Feudal Fairy World)
- Explore relationships between heroes and their world in this fantasy roleplaying game inspired by ancient myths and Arthurian Legends.
- System: PbtA
I revisited this game to have it reviewed for an online design event. The feedback from Magpie Games was well articulated and useful. Since then I have made several changes, including the name from Feudal Fairy World to LEGENDS. We’ll see if it works or not as a brand. What’s taking the longest for me is in my revision of the game from almost completely the ground up with playbook moves and other mechanics that reinforce the themes, arcs, and point back to the world. This version is more rooted in Arthurian legends than previously and so I’ve been listening to courses and audiobooks about them for insights.
- Science fiction thriller roleplaying game about belonging.
- System: In-house to Cortex Prime
After getting the primer done, converted over from a prior ruleset, I’m ready to playtest this game.
- A science fiction roleplaying game of adventure between truth and reality with you as hackers on the run.
- System: Psi*Run modified
This game is pretty much done for now, but I need to finalize it and then put it up on itch.io — I feel some anxiety about it, and that’s why I really should move forward on it.
- A Gothic Horror game about the search for humanity and salvation through a world of monsters and madness through the lives of seekers like you and your companions.
- System: Psi*Run with tarot cards
I have started work to create an alternate version of the rules on cards. In either case, the game is doing well in its rough form.
Secret Strike Force
- Pulp military action roleplaying game about combating BADD and defending the world.
- System: Cortex Prime
Due to revisiting some nostalgia, I decided to create this as a love letter to myself. I hope to run it as a one- to five-shot at some point.
Space Station Omega
- Sci-fi roleplaying game of political dramatic action among the stars.
- System: Cortex Prime
I’ve edited a fair amount of this game and playtested it for 10-sessions online. When I have time I will review the recordings and notes for more edits. However, I’m really more concerned about the terms of the Cortex Creator and the Cortex Codex as that will impact how far I continue to work on this game.
- A sci-fi post-terraforming of Earth roleplaying game about a community surviving on the unforgiving frontier of the unknown.
- System: PbtA
I’ve done some editing on this but it’s a long way off in development.
Time & Tempus
- Sail through time and space with Captain Tempus as one of their Crew.
- System: For the Queen
I playtested this a few times and have feedback to contemplate before further revisions.
- You are reborn as Living Laws to a community mythic fantasy roleplaying game about loss, humanity, and justice in a fallen world.
- System: In-house dice
One group suggested a name change that was more referential to the time period around the Bronze Age. I haven’t examined this yet but will try to remain open to it should development proceed. I need to rework the mechanics. Players love the character sheets.
- Exploring solitary confinement with the hand you’re dealt.
- System: LARP with cards
Nothing new on this game recently.